Friday, April 3, 2009

OK - so maybe I'm gonna take this blog in a couple of directions...

I know I said that I was going to use this primarily as a fishing diary, but a comment from one of the two or three potential followers of this blog mentioned doing some fly fishing tutorials. So, not wanting to disappoint anyone, I'll be offering more than just blog entries of fishing outings. First off, look for a "beginner's corner" series with a focus on the basics. It should cover rod outfit set ups, flies, vests, tools and gadgets, and waders. I'd like to offer video tutorials of fly casting, although I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it off. I think I will also offer features like "from the vise" (fly patterns), "from the bookcase" (book reviews), "from the water" (entomology/hatches), and possibly a series on rod building too. I hope you all find them helpful and fun.

Hey Gaddabout, recognize that beautiful pool in the picture?

Muddler

No comments:

Post a Comment